|Fun Fun Fun|
Today I am going to share how I prepare the easy Spring Roll With Minced Pork and Prawn.
You can tweak the fillings to your like. The fun part about this dish is that the children can roll the beancurd skin into any shape they want. I do not like to be too strict with the children because it spoils their fun.
I could also hide the greens which I want my children to eat in the fillings.
The seasoning for the minced pork is the same as that in the minced pork noodles with baby spinach.
Spring Roll Minced Pork Recipe
Prep time: 30
Cook time: 20
Total time: 50
- 1 carrot
- 3 water chestnuts
- 250g of prawns
- 300g of minced pork
- 3/4 tbsp light soya sauce
- 3/4 tbsp of sesame oil
- A dash of white pepper powder
- 1 egg
- 1 packet of spring roll pastry
- Season the minced pork with the light soya sauce, sesame oil and white pepper powder for 30 minutes.
- Remove the shells from the prawns and minced it.
- Peel and chop the water chestnut and carrots into small pieces.
- Mix the prawns, minced pork, water chestnuts and carrots in a big bowl.
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Using a spatula, scoop the filings onto the spring roll pastry.
- Wrap spring roll skin into the shape you prefer and seal it with the egg.
- Deep or pan fry the spring rolls.
- Serve hot.
Tips for cooking:
- Try out different greens such as spinach or cabbage for variety.
- For chopping the water chestnuts and carrots, a grater or grinder could be helpful.
- As necessary, add salt to the prawns if you want to adjust the taste to suit adults better.
- If you do not finish using up the egg, fry the left over as a side dish.
Have fun with your cooking!