Recently, the kids had turned snacks time into a project.
They named it "How to Make Watermelon Juice Without The Use of A Blender".
1. Encourage bonding between the siblings
2. Promote team work
3. Enhance creativity. The children thought of creative methods to make the juice which they wanted without a blender. Projects created out of children's own initiatives are the best.
4. Practise fine motor skills through mashing, scooping and pouring.
Steps to do:
1. Eat the watermelon by scooping up to your fill
2. Scoop the balance of the watermelon onto a sieve
3. Mash it up with a spoon or ladle
And there you are, lots of watermelon juice without the use of a blender.
4. Lastly, pour this into a cup to drink.
Benefits of drinking watermelon juice include:
1. Protection of the liver (Read Source Article Here)
2. Healing of muscles (Read Source Article Here)
3. Reduce risk of some cancers from the presence of antioxidants such as lycopene (Read Source Article Here) and
4. Better absorption of vitamins and minerals, thereby providing more nutrients as compared to eating in solid form. Watermelon contains potassium, B vitamins and vitamin A such as beta carotene.
Read more on benefits here:
Other Kids' Projects:
How To Make Eraser Blades
Thanks for reading !